Thursday, January 31, 2008

uprootin'

so since I have come back to the blog to post pics I figure why not a few words too. So needless to say that I am happy now that I am in my house, sans furniture:) the move was interesting and stressful. I thought the buying the house part was going to give me a hernia. Try having a gaggle of freaks work on your house. My contractor, Chester, is definitely an amazing human in many ways. He looks like Santa on more than a 6 pack of coors lite a day. Although, I must say he did a fine job on my house.


most of you know that i can be a bit anal and manic so the best thing about Chester and my relationship is that we could yell at each other. It was a match made in heaven. I was so worried that they were doing everything wrong. I mean come on you have these people tearing up your house and well I don't know dittly about building a corner foundation. So that part caused me to go to Homedepot, Lowes and Dunn's (the local contractor joint) about 50 times a day. They all know me. 

When fixing a house the amount of decisions that are necessary to be made are unbelievable. I mean lighting fixtures, paint color, toilets, tile, cabinets it's endless. I started to not have the ability to make a single decision. Everything seemed all too permanent. 

So now that I have had a few days in my own bed, it had been over two months not recommended for you sanity, I love my house. I hope that I come to believe buying this old beast was the best decision I ever made. 

There is still much work to do. Paint the outside, grow a lawn (the back yard is pretty much dirt) build a fence and so on. 

I hope that all of you get to come visit. The spring here is UNBELIEVABLE they say. I love this town and have made a lot of new friends. I mean hicks are good people too after all. Funny I don't even want to go to NYC I just want to wonder around and learn about this town and the area.

Lots of love....

No comments: